Just a short blog today to do a status check.
Here’s some recent updates:
- My pap smear came back clear – I’m still in remission for endometrial cancer. Hurray!
- My macular degeneration test came back clear. No diabetic damage to my eyes. Hurray!
- My pre-op testing is done. It took 2 sticks to get all the blood they needed, and a list of which meds to stop when prior to the surgery. I’m a little concerned for potential side effects (like more lethargy for a week), but at least I know.
What’s still coming up:
- Mammogram the Saturday before surgery. We are just trying to knock everything possible off the checklist so we don’t get any more surprises if we can avoid them.
- Test results back from the urine and blood samples they took at pre-op. There is a chance that I might have a new infection, which hopefully won’t delay surgery, but might mean an antibiotic.
- Packing and traveling to Duke for the big day. This includes 2 antibiotic showers (the night before and morning of) and taking a special “drink” an hour before arriving at the hospital to stabilize my blood sugars and keep me from crashing.
2 thoughts on “Quick Stats of Where We’re At”
Joey, Will you have the mammogram in Charlotte? When will you drive up? Sunday, 6/16?
The mammogram is at Charlotte Radiology – right near my house. The plan is to drive up on Sunday afternoon and spend the night at my uncle’s house and then head to the surgery from there.
Comments are closed.